How to Add an Account in QuickBooks Software
It’s easy to add the accounts you want to track in QuickBooks. The more accounts you add the more closely QuickBooks reflects your true financial situation, which can assist you in short- and long-term financial planning.
- Go to the Lists menu and click Chart of Accounts.
- Click Account at the bottom of the list and click New.
- Click the Type drop-down list and choose the type of account you want to add.
- Enter the account’s name in the Name field.
- If you use account numbers, enter the account’s number in the Number field.
- (Optional) Enter a short description of the account in the Description field.
- (For bank or credit card accounts) Enter a bank or credit card number for this account
- To make this account a subaccount of another account, select the “Subaccount of” checkbox. Click the drop-down list and select the account that will be the higher-level account for this subaccount.
- (For income and expense accounts) Click the Tax Line drop-down list and choose the appropriate tax line, or choose <Not tax-related>.
- If you’re a sole proprietor who files a Schedule C, and you have a main revenue or sales account, choose the “Sch C: Gross receipts or sales” tax line.
- (For balance sheet accounts) Enter an opening balance based on the account’s balance as of your QuickBooks start date. If you’re not sure of the balance, you can leave the field blank and enter the information later.
- (For expense accounts only) To track reimbursed expenses as income, select the “Track reimbursed expenses in:” option, click the Income Account drop-down list, and then choose the appropriate income account. If this option is not visible, you must reset your preferences for sales and customers.
- Click Next to save the account and enter another one.
Get more information call on 1-866-353-9908 QuickeBooks Support Number and discuss with our expert QuickBooks technicians.